Thanks for checking out Let's talk...Memory Books!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited browsing options, why don't you take 37 seconds and Sign up. Once you do you'll be able to enjoy all the great benefits of membership like
  • Ability to interact with other Let's talk...Memory Books members
  • Create new discussions
  • Reply to existing discussions
  • Modify your profile to have a custom avatar, signature and more!
  • Too many membership perks to list! Join today for free!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. this is just a test for the message system
    Dismiss Notice

Shrimp Scampi

Discussion in 'Meat Dishes' started by Trishee, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Trishee

Trishee
    Expand Collapse

Ingredients

1tablespoon olive or vegetable oil3/4lb uncooked deveined peeled medium shrimp, thawed if frozen, tail shells removed1medium green onion, thinly sliced (1 tablespoon)1clove garlic, finely chopped2teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves2teaspoons chopped fresh parsley or 3/4 teaspoon parsley flakes1tablespoon lemon juice1/8teaspoon salt
    Grated Parmesan cheese, if desired

Directions

1.In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add shrimp and remaining ingredients except cheese.

Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until shrimp are pink. (Do not overcook shrimp or they will become tough.) Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese.

Nutrition Information:
    1 Serving: Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 70); Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat1 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 240mg; Sodium 430mg; Total Carbohydrate 1g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g); Protein 26g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 6%; Iron25% Exchanges: 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 0
    *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Serve With
    This succulent shrimp dish is good as is, and it's also delicious served over hot cooked rice or fettuccine.

2. Starmist

Starmist
    Expand Collapse

Olive oil will take on just about any flavoring, I usually cut up 4 or 5 cloves of garlic in a really good bottle of olive oil. Then when I make a recipe like the Scampi the garlic flavoring is already there and it won't overwhelm the delicate taste of the shrimp. One day when you're feeling flush, buy a truffle a little larger than a quarter and shave it into a really, really good bottle of olive oil. Everything the oil is used on will carry the truffle flavor.

3. Trishee

Trishee
    Expand Collapse

If I used a mushroom within 500 miles of Kevin, he would kill me lmao. He had a bad experience as a kid, and can't go near them. :sick7:

4. Starmist

Starmist
    Expand Collapse

Truffles aren't really mushrooms, they are a fungus though - oh well. Back when I had the occasional penny to spare it was a nice treat that extended something very expensive over many meals.

5. Trishee

Trishee
    Expand Collapse

I found these sites... hope you like them, at least you can drool over them hehe. The first one has some decent prices for truffles, from what I have found anyway. The second has soooo much to look at, from cheese to truffle butter. I enjoyed that latter site very much. Maybe that can be your boy's holiday present for you... truffles :p

http://sabatinotartufi.com/oscommerce/

http://www.igourmet.com/shoppe/shop...gle*truffles&gclid=CNK71N7d1IsCFSnKggodzwVSag

6. Starmist

Starmist
    Expand Collapse

Oh my, drool!!! (breaking piggy bank and counting pennies)