Thanks for checking out Let's talk...Memory Books!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited browsing options, why don't you take 37 seconds and Sign up. Once you do you'll be able to enjoy all the great benefits of membership like
  • Ability to interact with other Let's talk...Memory Books members
  • Create new discussions
  • Reply to existing discussions
  • Modify your profile to have a custom avatar, signature and more!
  • Too many membership perks to list! Join today for free!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. this is just a test for the message system
    Dismiss Notice

Almond Chicken

Discussion in 'Meat Dishes' started by Tink, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Tink

Tink
    Expand Collapse

Almond Chicken with White Wine Sauce
    2 lbs Chicken Tenders
    1 C Almond Meal
    1 C Bread Crumbs (pref unseasoned)
    egg & milk
    1/4 tsp Nutmeg
    salt & pepper
    Vegetable Oil

1/2 C White Wine
    3 TBS Heavy Cream
    3/4 stick of Butter

1 bunch of chopped scallions (separate whites & greens)

Combine almond meal, bread crumbs and seasoning in a ziploc bag or a deep plate. Dip tenders in egg/milk mixture then coat with crumb mixture. Cook in a deep fry pan in vegetable oil until lightly brown. Set aside. You can keep them warm in an low temp (250) oven if you wish, but be careful they don't dry out.
    Melt butter in a saute' pan and add the white scallions. Cook over low heat for a few minutes. Add the white wine and cream, stirring constantly. (You can add a touch of flour or corn starch if you'd like a thicker sauce) Finally, stir in the green scallions but make sure you remove the sauce from the heat before they discolor.
    Pour sauce over tenderloins or serve on the side.

*I usually have unsalted butter in my fridge, so I added some salt & pepper to my sauce.