Thanks for checking out Let's talk...Memory Books!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited browsing options, why don't you take 37 seconds and Sign up. Once you do you'll be able to enjoy all the great benefits of membership like
  • Ability to interact with other Let's talk...Memory Books members
  • Create new discussions
  • Reply to existing discussions
  • Modify your profile to have a custom avatar, signature and more!
  • Too many membership perks to list! Join today for free!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. this is just a test for the message system
    Dismiss Notice

The Bond Between An Animal And It's Owner

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Redize, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Redize

Redize
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I recently suffered the loss of a close friend in the form of my cat, Orion. He had been with me through this rigmarole that is life for 13 years, through my teens, and helped me deal with things in so many ways.......and I still can't really understand how he came into my life lol (that's an entirely different story).

So for those who've experienced the same situation, I present to you.....this video. Hope it makes you smile, it did for me :)

2. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    Admin
    Staff Member

Awwww that is lovely - just shows you animals really don't forget :)

3. Starmist

Starmist
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, i needed that.

4. Redize

Redize
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Forgot to add a pic of him....the little ol' git, at his best lol

[​IMG]

5. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    Admin
    Staff Member

Now I know why they say pets grow to look like their masters!!

*runs away laughing* lol

6. Trishee

Trishee
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for your loss- I still miss my kitty Alice, and it has been 5 years... but at least we got to enjoy all the time we did have.

Namaste

7. troi

troi
    Expand Collapse

[SIZE=+1]Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
    [/SIZE]

8. Redize

Redize
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I was shown this just after Orion died. It didn't help with the tears, in fact it reduced me to a blubbering idiot lol, but it did help the hurt fade a bit :D

9. Tegan

Tegan
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for posting this Troi! My Sylvester died in my arms a week ago monday. He was very old, I had him for 16 years, but he was anywhere between 18 & 20. He was going down hill but not suffering for awhile now. Even that sunday he seemed ok, but when I went to feed him monday morning he was almost gone. It was as if he waited to say good bye. He really couldn't move but managed one last meow a few minutes before he died. As I think many of you here can understand, that old cat meant the world to me. He was my first and I wasn't much of a cat person before him. I found him abandoned right after an ice storm and just couldn't leave him. That was before my husband, my kid....hell, that cat outlasted my marraige. :) I will miss him so much. Thank you again Troi for reminding me that my Syl is young and free and just biding his time til I get there.

10. Starmist

Starmist
    Expand Collapse

Oh, Tegan, I am so sorry to hear that.

11. Tegan

Tegan
    Expand Collapse

Thank you Freda, I know you understand how I feel. I think the hardest part is breaking the routine I had every morning with him, that and the certain times of the day and night he would "sing". I swear, sometimes I'm expecting it so much that I hear it.

12. Starmist

Starmist
    Expand Collapse

I know, habits are hard to break. When Bonnie died, for a week or two I would catch myself preparing two food bowls.

13. Tegan

Tegan
    Expand Collapse

It's getting easier, now I'm faced with the periodic guilts that maybe there was something I should have done, which I know is not true but still.

14. troi

troi
    Expand Collapse

To be honest it gets better sort of but there's always a little hole left that you can't fill...you've lost a family member

I can still be like that....I used to have a 1/2 siamese cat called Dax and she had a weird cry, only the other day I thought I'd heard it and turned around ( she was killed 5 years ago)...

I still talk about her and Geordi my other cat at the time( he died at the same time) and I take loads of comfort from all the good memories I have and the photos ....the kids actually know so much about these cats that they even tell their friends stories about them even tho they never met them.

Both of them were deliberately killed in a horrible way and it took me a long time to get over it...actually I went into shock and cried for 2 days

(((Tegan))) I know how you feel
    x

15. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    Admin
    Staff Member

Awww Teg (((hug))) I'm so sorry, it's a tough thing to cope with. I hope you can draw comfort from knowing you were with him.