Thanks for checking out Let's talk...Memory Books!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited browsing options, why don't you take 37 seconds and Sign up. Once you do you'll be able to enjoy all the great benefits of membership like
  • Ability to interact with other Let's talk...Memory Books members
  • Create new discussions
  • Reply to existing discussions
  • Modify your profile to have a custom avatar, signature and more!
  • Too many membership perks to list! Join today for free!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. this is just a test for the message system
    Dismiss Notice

Quick prep Berry Bliss Cake

Discussion in 'Cakes : Bread : Baking' started by Trishee, May 30, 2007.

1. Trishee

Trishee
    Expand Collapse

Berry Bliss Cake

Prep Time:
    20 min
    Total Time: 4 hr 20 min
    Makes:8 servings, one slice each

Ingredients

3/4 cup cold milk
    1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
    1-1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, divided
    1 pkg. (10.75 oz.) frozen pound cake
    1/4 cup orange juice
    2 cups mixed raspberries and sliced strawberries 1/4 cup blackberries

Directions

ADD
    milk to dry pudding mix in medium bowl. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. or until well blended. Stir in 1 cup of the whipped topping.
    CUT
    cake horizontally into three layers; brush with juice. Place bottom layer on serving plate; top with 3/4 cup of the mixed berries, half of the pudding mixture and middle cake layer. Repeat layers of mixed berries and pudding mixture; cover with top cake layer. Top with 1/2 cup whipped topping and all remaining berries; cover loosely with foil.
    REFRIGERATE at least 4 hours or overnight. Store any leftovers in refrigerator.

2. Starmist

Starmist
    Expand Collapse

Arrgh, stop, I'm already 40 lbs over weight!!!!!

3. Trishee

Trishee
    Expand Collapse

I have some things that would help...

1: if u cant see what you are eating, the calories cant count against u... so eat in the dark or blindfolded... will leave out the blue humor on this one, hehe

2: if u shake the item, or cut it in have and give it a jostle, there will be calories that have fallen out. I reccomend not licking the plate in this case though, as you pick up all the calories you had just gotten rid of.

3: if you share it with a pet, even if they only take a bite or two, the calories should be divided equally. Not fair for you to have to take all the calories when sharing. Better yet, get it ready for a pet, then have a few bites... the calories are the pets and not yours then.

and we wonder why I keep growing... this baby does not share the calories evenly!!!

4. Starmist

Starmist
    Expand Collapse

Oh I don't mind the pounds it's the new wardrobe I can't afford. I have to wear two of those extender thingies with a button and loop. now to get pants on!

5. Trishee

Trishee
    Expand Collapse

I shop at Savers and other thrift type stores... i keep growing and shrinking, so until my body decides on a happy medium, I am not spending good amounts of money on clothes... 'cept for bra's! Be careful with those extender things... a friend of mine had one that was not sewed well... and it shot off in the middle of the mall... was one of the funniest things I ever saw lol

6. Starmist

Starmist
    Expand Collapse

All I have to shop at is Mal-wart or K-mart (Sigh, poor me etc.) I would be happy to just find a bra to fit. All I have found are the sports bras that choke me to death. Of course I could let 'em race for the waist, but that's too tacky.

7. Trishee

Trishee
    Expand Collapse

Not to be a nosy nelly, but have you been fitted? and if so... what was the measurement? The best bra's I have found have been at Layne Bryant. I can get my cousins (DD before preggers... now am a bit more lol) comfortably ensconced without paying 50.00 a bra. There bra's generally run about 30.00, but they wear well... both on me, and after a turn in the washer. Also, have liked bra's from Jc Penney's and both of those you can order online.

I know that seems like alot when you can get a bra at a store for 10.00, but it is sooo worth it to me. my back hurts less, and I get less frequent headaches when I have a decent bra lol.

8. Starmist

Starmist
    Expand Collapse

No, too embarrassed to get measured. My shoulders are too wide for any bra I have found - the cups are in the middle between my breasts. Sigh, one of the penalties I pay for the mistake of being born male.

9. Trishee

Trishee
    Expand Collapse

sending you a link that might help, a few actually. I helped a friend of mine...hopefully this will help too :D

10. Starmist

Starmist
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Trishee!!

11. Trishee

Trishee
    Expand Collapse

ANYTIME!!!!!!!!! I love playing dress-up... regardless of whether I am the dresser or dressee. While looking up those sites I found like 6 pairs of shoes I want... sigh, I have an affinity for what my husband fondly terms as 'hooker shoes' lol

12. Starmist

Starmist
    Expand Collapse

Every time I try to put on a skirt and blouse a friend of mine says I look like "desperate aged hooker". I don't seem to have the panache to carry it off - oh well, maybe next time. The Lady and I are going to have words at any rate.

13. Trishee

Trishee
    Expand Collapse

Any woman... born that way or not, can look good in a skirt or blouse.. it is the style of said items we tend to mess up on. Maybe the hooker look is not for you hehe

14. Starmist

Starmist
    Expand Collapse

No, definitly not. But it seems to be the only one I can achieve.