Thanks for checking out Let's talk...Memory Books!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited browsing options, why don't you take 37 seconds and Sign up. Once you do you'll be able to enjoy all the great benefits of membership like
  • Ability to interact with other Let's talk...Memory Books members
  • Create new discussions
  • Reply to existing discussions
  • Modify your profile to have a custom avatar, signature and more!
  • Too many membership perks to list! Join today for free!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. this is just a test for the message system
    Dismiss Notice

Major Overhaul

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by Lynne, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    Admin
    Staff Member

Hi folks,

Sorry about the downtime but I was receiving a lot of database errors and as there was also a forum software upgrade to do I decided to start from scratch instead of doing just the upgrade. So far it seems to have resolved the database errors.

There are a few new features and some that I am still adding but will add them around you instead of having to turn off the board.

Please check your profiles and update them as usually after an upgrade a few things go astray, mostly profiles and avatars. Also this time the shoutbox seems to have gone screwy so if nobody objects I'll reset that to zero too. Voice your opinion here.

Interactive Profiles:
    I'm still working on these but basically if you go to your "Edit Profile" screen there are some extra options. On your "View Profile" page you will see your "Buddies" - these are people that you have added to your buddy list. A bit lower down is your "Friends List" - you will only see people on this list if you have both accepted each other onto your buddy list. You'll see a notification at the top of the navigation bar if you have people waiting for you to approve.

If you know CSS you can add your own CSS which will allow you to have your own colour scheme for your profile. I'll upload some pre-made templates for you to play around with as soon as I can.

Please shout if you find anything missing - apart from your arcade scores that is LOL! They've all been reset to 0 so off you go and rebuild them

Whew, I think that's it for now :)

2. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    Admin
    Staff Member

Hi Folks,

Has anyone found any errors so far with the new update? Do any of you have any missing messages, messages addressed to you that aren't yours etc?

Freda, I fixed the spellchecking error that you received so the speil chucker should now work ok, let me know. :)

3. jeni26uk

jeni26uk
    Expand Collapse

well ive had no problems up too now