Thanks for checking out Let's talk...Memory Books!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited browsing options, why don't you take 37 seconds and Sign up. Once you do you'll be able to enjoy all the great benefits of membership like
  • Ability to interact with other Let's talk...Memory Books members
  • Create new discussions
  • Reply to existing discussions
  • Modify your profile to have a custom avatar, signature and more!
  • Too many membership perks to list! Join today for free!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. this is just a test for the message system
    Dismiss Notice

Hello!

Discussion in 'The Tea Room' started by Tink, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Tink

Tink
    Expand Collapse

Hi Everyone!

My name is Tink and I'm going to be helping Lynne with the Kitchen Table!

I live near Philadelphia, PA in the US.....have four children ages 21-12 (B,G,B,B)....2 Golden Retrievers named Chloe & Cooper. I work as an interior decorator focusing mainly on window treatments and bedding ensembles, but I also love faux painting. I work part time in my husband's office. He's a Family Practice physician.

Cooking, reading, knitting, embroidery are things I love to do and wish I had more time to spend doing them.

*~Tink~*:fairy:

2. Tegan

Tegan
    Expand Collapse

Hi Tink, it will be great to be working with you!!!!!! Lynne has asked me to help handle the Relationships section. OOOOOOO, won't this be fun? Since you have more experience with this SL stuff, I hope I can come to you for some guidence. Now, I must be off to write my own introduction, but I had to post a big
    CONGRATULATIONS :partytime:
    first.

Love ya!
    Tegan

3. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    Admin
    Staff Member

Tink,

Wow, I'm impressed that I got you to post a message! LOL!

Heaven help me now.........

:pizza: for everyone

4. Tegan

Tegan
    Expand Collapse

Ummmmmm, excuse me :cool:, it's not like this is the first one!!!!!!!!!!

But hey, thanks for the pizza, I was craving that!

-Tegan

PS Can we have spell check? Lord knows I need it.

5. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    Admin
    Staff Member

A spellchecker would be great I know, but the only one available right now is too buggy to install. I'll keep an eye out for one though :)

6. Tink

Tink
    Expand Collapse

Allrightey......I'm not sure if I'm replying to a specific post or to the entire thread! Thankfully I have an hour or so to try to figure out the format of this forum. Lynne.....I hope you're enjoying this! :angrythumb:

Tegan, Lynne couldn't have picked a better lady to keep watch over all our relationships! Lord knows I need all the help I can get! My mother is visiting this morning so I'm sure I'll have an interesting post in your section in a few hours.

Lynne.....I think everyone is going to need something a little stronger than pizza. :guin:

:fairy:

7. Tegan

Tegan
    Expand Collapse

Ok Lynne, but I can't be responsible for my spelling in the meantime ROFL.

-Tegan

8. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    Admin
    Staff Member

Ok ladies,

This is in reply to Tink's message above but applies to anyone. Because we can't reply to a specific person in here there are a couple of things you can do.

1) If you're reading a message that you want to reply then reply to it using the little "Quote" button at the bottom right of the specific message. That will quote the message you are answering in the reply window and you then hit the enter/return key and post your reply underneath.

2) If you're replying to several people in one message, which happens a lot in technical forums, then you can use the '@' sign. For example:
    @Tink - answer
    @Tegan - answer

3) If someone that you really want to see your message hasn't replied and you don't feel you know them well enough to send them a private message (some people don't like these) then post a message in Section You've Got Mail - put their name as the subject and we'll have to teach people how to check there on a regular basis.

Whew, if you find other ways then jump in and post them.
    :bike:

9. LadyStar17

LadyStar17
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Hi, Tink good to see you on line : )

10. Tink

Tink
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Lynne! That helps. I was bagging my head trying to remember what you told me on Saturday and couldn't for the life of me figure it out.

Can we delete parts of the message so that only a sentence or paragraph from a message is quoted?

Also......did you tell me there is a place where I can see unread messages posted to me?

11. Tink

Tink
    Expand Collapse

Hi Star! It's good to see you again!

12. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    Admin
    Staff Member

Ok as you can see from this message I've deleted a part of yours plus split my quotes into two.

What you do is hit the "Quote" button to reply which will show you the entire message in the reply box. Delete the part you don't want/need to reply to. Ok now if you want to separate parts of your reply like I have with this message you need to use the quote tags in the square brackets. For instance the whole quote is within these tags (minus the spaces but it won't let me do it without them) [ quote ] ending in [ /quote ] so you would need to add [ /quote] at the end of the first quote then open the next one with [ quote ] etc. If this doesn't make sense hollar and I'll try to explain it better.

That's the one drawback of this software - there is no way to address a message to a specific person. What you can do is click on "Thread Tools" at the top of the thread and from there choose "Subscribe" which will then send you an E-mail every time a message is posted in that thread.

OR

From that same place you can add the thread to your "Favourites" which in turn will add a new drop down link in the Navigation Bar at the top where it will store all your favourite threads. In addition to this you can add an individual message to your "Favourites" by clicking on the red heart icon, far left at the bottom of the message.

Clear as mud? <g>

13. Tegan

Tegan
    Expand Collapse

After being totally confused I think I understand. But I also discovered a similar way:

When wanting to quote only a particular portion of a post, highlight-copy it into the reply window-highlight it again (in the reply window)-and hit the little speech bubble button in the tool bar.

14. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    Admin
    Staff Member

Hey cool, I didn't realise that either. Well you live and learn.

:RaRaRa:

15. Tegan

Tegan
    Expand Collapse

See....I am good for something LOL

16. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    Admin
    Staff Member

Ummmm Teg? Check out what you did in the "Honesty" thread LOL! I think you used << and >> and in this software anything in the middle of those disappears
    :elephant:

17. Tegan

Tegan
    Expand Collapse

roflmao!!!!! oK, it's all fixed!

18. Tink

Tink
    Expand Collapse

For some reason I can't paste. Do you know what the keyboard command for pasting is? For the life of me I can't remember. I've become so used to using "left click" & "right click."

:confused:

19. Tegan

Tegan
    Expand Collapse

Try ctrl v

20. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    Admin
    Staff Member

You can't paste? What browser are you using? The keyboard command is:
    CTRL-C to copy and CTRL-V to paste.